Friday, October 16, 2009

A Best Friend

A best friend is someone that you can talk to about anything, they don't judge you at all and give you the best advice they can give at any time. Lucky for me I have the best friends ever! I've realized that my best friends are not best freinds with each other. I don't expect them to become best friends with each other, just as long as they are best friends with me. High school is where you find out who you are and who your true friends are. I have known my three best friends for a very long time. One in particular is my oldest best friend, Sam E. I've known her since third grade at Otis Elementary. She was the new kid at school and so we didn't really talk as much but when we got to middle school we were both in the Lincold band. She played trumpet and I played trombone. She was a beastly player and teacher's favorite player. Out of no where we just became hella close. She was just a hella nice and chill person. All we would talk about was band and how cool it was to be in the band. Hence we became "band geeks" without looking like the stereotypical band geek. When the band trip came in 7th grade to Disneyland, we were in the same group. When we were suppose to get rooms of four, Sam and I were the only ones without a room of four, so we got our own beds. It was hella fun being roomates and getting to play on main st., Disneyland.

By 8th grade, Sam didn't play because she got braces and it was hard for her to play, so she didn't play. We still call each other "band geeks" and are the best of friends. She is a very dedicated golf player, and if all else fails in life, I could be her personal caddy. I saw a movie based on this golfer who's caddy became a millionaire. She is an amazing player, based on what I read and becoming alameda's best athlete last year and east bay golfer of the year. She is an inspiration to me because when you find something that you truley love to play a sport, you should always practice to become your best. Whenever I visit her house her family is always welcoming. One time we went for a run before school and I stopped by her house to shower and change for school, her mom started making breakfast for us. It wasn't your typical breakfast but like something you would eat for lunch or dinner, my favorite was the fried rice. I love her mother's cooking. It is probably better then my moms 'cause my mom never really learned how to cook until she had my brother.

Since we are both in high school, we are still the closest of best friends. Eventhough she has a busy schedule with golf, we still have hella fun. She usually stops by my house and just chills. She gets along with my family, and if my parents could they would adopt her. The also act nicer when someone is around, so it helps when she is over my place. She's an ultimate friend for sure!!! She can also drive which is a plus because I can't drive yet. We want to go to the same college but I don't know the chances of that, if we go to different colleges we are always going to the best of friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment