Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Letter #2

The book has shown the difference of Tibourn from where Lily came from in her father's Peach Farm. Since she is living with the Boatwright's, August, June, and May, they have given her and Rosaleen a place to sleep and eat. Not all for free, they must work on the bee farm of theres and work to help August. I think the work that Lily does is twice as more interesting then what her father gave her. I like how June doesn't like Lily because of her skin color and Lily was taken a back from her not liking her for who she is. When Lily wrote "Ther was no difference between my piss and June's. That's what I thought when I looked at the dark circle on the ground. Piss was piss." I don't feel Lily was trying to say June was piss but that there was nothing different between June and Lily. June constantly looks at Lily with dislike of course, but not to Rosaleen. When they finally laught together, it made the book more lovely. That they are bonding and showing nothing is different.
I liked how Lily met Zach Taylor. The saddening part that they would never be becuase of that time, I can't wait to see what is going to happen between the two. They have grown to be the best of friends and Lily's first official crush but since they are differnt skin colors she gets really sad. I hope they work out together in the end. Lily never looses her mind of why she is living there. The thought of her mother keeps coming into her head, and through nightmares. I think the nightmares may show some truth to the fact that her father was right. That Deborah, Lily's mother, did leaver her. When Lily asked May about knew a Deborah, she says yes. That strengths Lily to search for more information about her mother. I can't wait until she actually reveals the truth behind the reason she is living with the Boatwrights. I have a feeling all the truth will reveal itself when T.Ray makes his way to Tibourn. When Lily called T.Ray, I think he would find the house that he got the call from and then find Lily.
The author Sue Monk Kidd shows a more exciting and loving life for Lily when she is with the Boatwrights. I could see Lily ending up staying there and growing old with Zach. That is only my imagination of a fairy tale ending but it would be a great ending to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment