Friday, April 16, 2010

Rugby Season over

Lately I have not blogged about my rugby season so far. Our season is finished and I believe we are ranked 3rd out of 7 teams which really isnt that big of a position because we should be second. Well, my last two games are most memorable because I didn't get to finish the game. About three weeks ago, we were playing the Amazons, who are ridicously big and strong.Their name says it all. Basically they aren't the type of team you could beat unless we had big girls just like them, but we don't. Anyways, we were playing and I was playing pretty good. Theny WHAM!! Well I don't know if it was exactly a wham but all I remember was laying on the ground with my head throbbing. I tried opening my eyes but I was so dizzy, I felt lost. I didn't know what I was doing and where I was. Pretty view of the sky but people were surrounding me asking memory questions. They asked me the date and honestly I didnt know because I never know the date. I realized after 20 minutes that I couldn't g back and play so I started crying. I know, not exactly what I should be doing, but it pissed me off. I wanted at least get some smackes on these girls before they celebrate their win. I hate losing, especially if you know your team won't win. The sad part is, we have less dedicated players then players who barely try. We all could be such a better team if we worked twice as hard. Also, my family came out to watch me play. My cousin, who is more of an older brother was there and he is the reason of why I play sports and athletic. I sort of wanted to show him how good I was for a rookie and a starter. He did come down to see if I was good but I was sad that he couldn't really see my full potential in the game. I went to the doctor a couple days later and they said I have an concussion and can't play rugby for two weeks. Concussions are a pain in the butt, you can't move as much and my brother teased me, saying I have amnesia instead. I would hit him but my head would start throbbing. Missing practice sucked as well. I would stand during practice and watch everyone work, while I froze. Luckily, my next game was in two weeks. I got the doctor's permission to play and that felt great.

Our last game was against this scrappy team. They show up late and during the game they complain about getting tackled. I really wanted to swing at one girl for talking so much trash. We completely shut them out and they still were talking. Hopefully, the Amazons will shut them up. I played a completely different position and I was hard! I filled the position of our top back player because she was in Italy. I was so nervous and I did pretty good. I was suprised. So our season is over and we came out with a 5-2 record. Not bad but it should be 6-1. I can't way to play in the championship tournament. We are going to completely demolish the Motherlode, but I doubt we will beat the Amazons, but we never know.

1 comment:

  1. Man! I didn't realize you'd taken such a heavy hit recently. Feeling better, I hope!

    BTW, I like how you start your story out being worried about the Amazons, and end up hoping some OTHER team meets their wrath.

    ReplyDelete